How to Block Adult Websites in Google Chrome
If you wish to create a secure environment in your home or workplace, then you might need to filter the kind of content others can access over the web. Many parents wish to block adult websites in Google Chrome to make sure their kids are not exposed to any indecent content at an early age. Also, employers want to restrict access to certain content at their workplace. No matter what your requirements are, you can easily block adult websites in Google Chrome. We will let you know how to do the same in this stepwise tutorial.
3 Methods to block adult websites in Google Chrome
You might find different ways to block adult websites in Google Chrome. Sadly, not every technique is foolproof and might not work the way you like. To make things easier for you, we have handpicked the three best ways to block adult websites in Google Chrome.
1. Manually adding restrictions
If you don’t want to use any third-party tool to block adult websites in Google Chrome, this would be ideal. In this technique, you need to manually add the URL of the website you wish to restrict.
- 1Launch Google Chrome and go to its Settings by clicking on the three-dot icon located on its top right corner.
- 2From here, you can go to its Network Settings and choose to Change Proxy Settings. You can also look for it on the search bar.
- 3After launching the interface for Internet Properties, go to the Security tab. Select Restricted Sites and click on the “Sites” button.
- 4This will open a new pop-up for Restricted Sites. Manually provide the URL of the adult websites you wish to block and click on the “Add” button.
- 5In the end, you can save these changes and re-launch Google Chrome.
2. Using Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome has tons of extensions that can be added to the browser to customize your experience. Most of these extensions are available for free and works pretty efficiently.
- 1Firstly, launch Google Chrome and add a website blocker extension. We recommend using Block Sites as a reliable and widely used extension that can block adult websites in Google Chrome. You can download it from here or look for it on Chrome Web Store.
- 2You would have to click on the “Add to Chrome” button to download the Extension.
- 3After downloading the extension, restart Chrome to complete the installation process.
- 4Once Chrome has been restarted, you can see its icon on the top. From here, you can visit its Options.
- 5Enable Block Site from here and under the “Blocked Sites” tab, you can manually add the URL of the websites you wish to block.
- 6You can also go to the “Adult Control” section to apply some automatic filters to block adult websites in Google Chrome.
Besides Block Sites, there are several other extensions that you can also use.
3. With Chrome’s Supervised User
Google Chrome has also introduced a Supervised User feature that can be used as a parental control tool. In this, you can create a dedicated account for your kids and manually set the needed restrictions.
- 1Go to Chrome Settings and visit its User section. From here, you can choose to add a new user.
- 2Provide some necessary details and create another account.
- 3Afterward, you can go to chrome.com/manage to view the added accounts. Select the account that you wish to manage from the right tab.
- 4Once the account is selected, scroll down a little to view the “Manage Permissions” section.
- 5Here, you can provide the URL of the websites you wish to block (under “Blocked Sites”).
- 6Save these settings and restart Chrome. You can always alter these settings with your supervised account.
4. Chrome’s Safe Search
Chrome also has a Safe Search feature, which restricts the access to explicit and adult content automatically. You can go to its native Settings > Search Settings and turn on the feature of Safe Search. Later, if anyone will search on Google regarding anything inappropriate, Chrome will automatically alter the searched results while filtering explicit web pages.
Hack any iOS or Android device with mSpy
Even after you block adult websites in Google Chrome, the chances are that your kids might access inappropriate content some other way. They can use any different web browser, go incognito, or remove these restrictions as well. Therefore, you can use a spying tool to track their activities. We recommend using mSpy as a complete spying tool that works on all the major iOS and Android devices.
Since it runs in stealth mode, it is easier for users to track a target device without being detected. It can keep track of all the websites accessed on the device. Later, you can go to its dashboard (or use its Control Panel app) to view extensive browser history. You can also filter these results based on a time duration or a keyword. Apart from this, you can also track the device’s real-time location, call logs, contacts, messages, social media apps, and so much more without any trouble.
We hope that after going through this guide, you would learn how to block adult websites in Google Chrome easily. You can either visit its native settings or use an extension to do it. There are also different parental control applications that you can also try. Though, if you wish to track the browsing activity of any user without being detected, then you should give mSpy a try. It is a remarkable and highly secure spying tool that will undoubtedly come in handy to you on numerous occasions.